Summer is here and families and friends are flocking to the beach in droves.
Children especially love wading in the water, playing in the waves, building sand castles and eating ice cream in the sun. But for 3-year-old Jacob, the visit to the sea ended in tragedy.
Jacob was at the beach with his mother Katya, running barefoot through the sand. Seconds later, his fun summer outing turned into something terrifying.
Graphic images below.
Jacob stepped on burning coals hidden under the sand. Someone must have made a fire the night before and thought the fire would go out if they just covered it with sand.
Jacob suffered severe burns on both feet.
“You could see the skin on his feet peeling off,” said Katia, Jacob’s mother.
In a Facebook post that recently went viral, Katya wrote about the terrifying moment.
The reason she decided to write now about what happened to Jacob is because she read about another person who had the same horrible experience.
“Jacob was in and out of hospitals for over a year, suffering excruciating physical pain and the rehabilitation was very difficult – not to mention the emotional toll it took on him.”
Katya and Jacob immediately went to the nearest hospital. The staff cooled the boy’s legs, who was screaming in pain.
But doctors said Jacob could lose some of his toes. Katya fainted upon hearing the news.
But fortunately, doctors managed to save Jacob’s toes, although his rehabilitation took a long time and he had to undergo several surgeries. He also underwent skin grafts.
Although a long time has passed since the event, Katya does not forget about it for a moment.
Jacob still has scars on his feet but he has made a full recovery.
Katya was shocked by the number of shares her post received. She wants to remind people to put out their fires with water, not cover them with sand.
She doesn’t think the people who didn’t put out the fire had bad intentions. It must have been ignorance.
So if you make a fire on the beach Please extinguish it with water. It is not known who will come by there tomorrow and whether the fire has actually gone out or not.
https://womenafter40.com/a-3-year-old-kid-almost-lost-his-toes-at-the-beach-now-his-mother-warns-of-the-danger-hidden-in-the-sand/ A 3-year-old kid almost lost his toes at the beach — now his mother warns of the danger hidden in the sand – Women After 40