Activision today announced financial results for the second quarter of calendar year 2022, covering the period July 1 through September 30.
As you can see in the table below, net sales are growing. The same applies to earnings per share.
The image was captured by Activision.
Our games are the result of passion and passion. This is the result of an environment that encourages creativity and is always willing to nurture our talents. Employee engagement and teamwork are the foundation of a wonderful workplace that unleashes the magic, the game it embodies. As part of Microsoft, one of the most recognizable companies in the world, we want to continue distributing epic musical performances to our global gaming community. We continue to expect our transaction to close in Microsoft’s current fiscal year by June 2023.
We also get many performance highlights for Activision, Blizzard and King.
We’ve heard that MW2 has set new franchise engagement records, with hours played in the first 10 days over 40 times the previous records.
More than 20 million people have registered for Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile.
Worse still, it confirms that there will be a new premium Call of Duty game for 2023.
Over 35 million people played The Overwatch 2 in its first month.
- Since its October 28 release, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II has become the fastest record for the largest franchise, amassing over a billion in sales. A comprehensive analysis of sold results shows that the latest strong games have grown to be the second fastest. However, when a game within a game failed, it was tough on the game.
- On November 16th, the first season of Assassins’ War ending in 2014, Activision will release Warfare: Warzone. The all-new free-to-play game The Duty Experience can offer a variety of lessons from the hugely successful original Warzone. Now available in two versions, the latest installment of Warzone features a fresh set of new sandboxes. The new game is already out and ready for the whole year.
- In Q3, Activision introduced Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, which is scheduled for release in 2023. Developed for the same engine as Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, this game will bring our community immersive battle royale gameplay, shared social media features, and cross-progression with console and PC. More than 20 million people have already pre-registered for the game on Google Play.
- In three years after launching a new era that would take the franchise to new heights, the sex and England trade of the United States has grown in popularity. Activision looks forward to building on its current momentum in 2023. Plans for next year include the strongest Call of Dutylive operations yet, the next full bounty in the annual blockbuster series, and immersive experiences across all platforms.
- Activision’s third-quarter financial performance was down year-over-year, primarily due to increased engagement with Call of Duty and lower prices for last year’s premium version. Net in-game bookings on console and PC again increased sequentially in the third quarter versus the second quarter, thereby increasing the segment’s operating income. Following the successful launch of Modern Warfare II in January, the segment’s revenue and operations are set to grow strongly again year over year.
- On October 4th, Overwatch 2 launched globally, with a free-to-play model designed to bring more people the experience of team-based action. Over 35 million people played the game in its first month, many of whom were new to Overwatch. The evolving community continues, with average daily player counts in the first month of Overwatch 2 more than double the first month of its acclaimed predecessor. The tournament itself got off to a rocky start, suggesting an outcome of the Wroc move went from a huge sum to a single woman trading account. Blizzard is excited to deliver an ambitious series of regular seasonal updates to Overwatch 2, introducing new characters, maps, and modes, including the highly anticipated PvE mode for 2023.
- In the Warcraft franchise, the release of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich KingClassic on September 26, 2008 was a major factor in a sharp increase in WoW’s reach and engagement at the end of Q3. The team is giving the community a chance to play World of Warcraft: Dragonflight on November 28th. In TheWarcraft Warcraft: Arclight Rumbleis is doing well through regional tests.
- Diablo Immortal development has expanded its global reach with its China launch in July. In China, the title reached the top of the download charts and recently became the industry leader. All over the world, Diablo Immortalis will be supported with new developments, features and events that have long been planned to keep the community busy. Work on Diablo IV continues to progress very well towards the launch of the project in 2023.
- With the release of Demoblo II: Resurrected, Blizzard’s third quarter revenue grew double digits year over year. The third quarter benefited from the recent launch of Diablo Immortal, while net bookings in the Warcraft franchise were flat year-over-year. The segment’s operating margin decreased slightly during the quarter. Strong release time and business shift was better served during the quarter due to marketing investments.
- Our license agreement was entered into by a third party dedicated to publishing several Blizzard titles in China. These agreements, which contributed approximately 3% to the company’s net income in 2021, expire in January 2023. We are in talks about this extension, but it may not be possible to reach a mutually satisfactory agreement. We continue to see significant long-term growth opportunities in this country. The joint development and publication of Diablo Immortalis is governed by a separate long-term contract.
- TheCandy CrushFranchise, which delivered strong performance in live operations and user acquisition, grew 8 percent year-over-year. The Kings Payer figures again increased by a double-digit percentage year-on-year.
- King continues to introduce more player vs. player features to Candy Crush to increase player engagement and investment. Years of money invested in Candy were spent on time in the fourth quarter, and Candy Crush was the top-performing US company in the first quarter.
- For the quarter, revenue rose 6% year over year, which is a steady low double-digit increase. Ad revenue has been consistent year after year despite the cluttered environment. Capital of the previous year accounted for the year before the quarter in a receivable.
- It marks the 10th anniversary of the ‘Candy Crush Saga’, the original and greatest title in the Candy Crush franchise. Candy Crush enters its second decade in healthy health with over 200 million monthly active users and player investments at record levels. King’s development, commercial and analytics teams are building a strong pipeline of content and initiatives that will delight the community and drive growth over the next year.
If you want to compare historical results, you can review the results for the year prior to the third quarter published in August.
https://game-news24.com/2022/11/07/activision-confirms-the-next-call-of-duty-game-overwatch-2-achieved-over-35-million-players-microsoft-acquisition-still-expected-to-succeed/ Activision confirms the next call of duty game; Overwatch 2 achieved over 35 million players; Microsoft Acquisition Still Expected to succeed