Angers host Nantes on Sunday in the opening weekend of the 2022-23 Ligue 1 season at the Stade Raymond Kopa.
The hosts had a pretty decent first half last season but struggled in the second half as they only managed three wins in their last 18 games. They finished the season in 14th place, their fifth bottom-half finish in the last six seasons, and amassed 41 points from their 38 league games.
Angers have had a very busy summer with several players leaving and arriving at the club. They have had mixed results in the off-season, recording two wins, two draws and two losses in their six friendlies.
Nantes, on the other hand, enjoyed a brilliant season last season, bouncing back from a shaky start to make a late push for Europe. They eventually fell short of European spots but secured their spot with a Coupe de France title triumph, beating OGC Nice 1-0 in the final to end a two-decade trophy losing streak.
The Canaries have had several departures this summer but have signed former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Moussa Sissoko. They were beaten 4-0 by Paris Saint-Germain in the Trophy of Champions and will try to get that over with this weekend.
Angers vs Nantes head to head and key figures
- There were 31 meetings between Angers and Nantes. The hosts have won 11 of those games while Nantes have won 12.
- There have been eight draws between the two teams including the last encounter which ended 1-1.
- The visitors are undefeated in the last four games of this encounter.
- Angers have kept a clean sheet in their last five games in this fixture.
- All but two of the Scoïstes’ league victories last season were achieved on home soil.
- Only four of Nantes’ 15 league wins last season came from away games.
- The Canary Islands scored 55 goals in Ligue 1 last season, their second-highest goal tally this century.
Angers vs Nantes Prediction
Angers recorded just two wins in their last eight games last season and two in their six pre-season friendlies. However, they have lost just two of their last ten home games and hope to maximize their home field advantage on Sunday.
Nantes have won just one of their last six games in all competitions. However, they are the stronger team here and should prevail.
forecast: Angers 1-2 Nantes.
Angers vs Nantes betting tips
Tip 1 – Result: nantes.
Tip 2 – Both teams to score: YES SIR (Both teams have hit the back of the net in their last five meetings).
Tip 2 – Nantes collects first: YES SIR (The visitors have conceded their first goal in five of their last seven games.
Paul Merson has predicted all GW 1 Premier League games. More details right here
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/angers-vs-nantes-prediction-betting-tips-august-7-2022?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Angers vs Nantes Prediction and Betting tips