Arsenal will face a different opponent on their pre-season tour as they take on Premier League rivals Everton on Sunday. Both teams have impressive players in their ranks and have a lot to prove in this match.
Arsenal vs Everton preview
Everton finished 16th in the Premier League standings last season and have had a difficult year so far. The Toffees suffered a 5-1 loss to the Gunners in their last game and have a mountain to climb ahead of the new season.
Arsenal missed out on the UEFA Champions League again this year but made progress in the transition. The Gunners are assembling an impressive roster under Mikel Arteta and have a busy schedule on their pre-season tour.
Arsenal vs Everton head to head and key numbers
- Arsenal have a good historical record against Everton, having won 109 of the 219 games between the two teams, as opposed to Everton’s 64 wins.
- Arsenal new signing Gabriel Jesus has scored 13 goals in 41 appearances in all competitions for his former club Manchester City and could make his debut for the Gunners this week.
- Everton still have work to do defensively and have conceded 10 goals in their last three games in all competitions.
- Arsenal finished fifth in the Premier League last season, scoring 61 goals and conceding 48 in 38 games over the course of the season.
- Everton escaped relegation by a slender four points last season and need to work hard to restore their status as formidable Premier League opponents.
- Everton won just 11 of their 38 Premier League games last season – 14 sides outperformed the Toffees in that regard.
Arsenal vs Everton Prediction
Arsenal have made progress with their plans in the transfer market and are aiming to reclaim their place in the top four next season. The Gunners have grown in stature under Mikel Arteta and have assembled an impressive squad this year.
Everton are in a difficult place at the moment and face an uphill battle next season. Arsenal are the better team at the moment and should be able to win this game.
Forecast: Arsenal 3-1 Everton
Up to $250 Deposit Match at BetRivers/SugarHouse
Arsenal vs Everton betting tips
Tip 1: Result – Arsenal
Tip 2: Game with more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Arsenal to score first – Yes
Tip 4: Gabriel Jesus scores – Yes
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/arsenal-vs-everton-prediction-betting-tips-17th-july-club-friendlies-2022?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Arsenal vs Everton Prediction and Betting Tips | 17th July