Behind-the-Scenes Discussions at Fox News Are Emerging As Dominion Lawsuit Proceeds

As Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.7 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News unfolds, a look at what was going on behind the scenes at the network in the wake of the 2020 election has leaked out. CEO of Fox News Media Suzanne Scott will soon be deposed by Dominion, according to the New York Times, which reported Wednesday that a judge granted Dominion post-election access to Scott’s emails and text messages, which was at the heart of Dominion’s lawsuit against Fox. Dominion made this claim on election night 2020 under pressure from the then President donald trump and his allies after Fox called Arizona Joe Biden Of any other network, Scott warned his peers, “We can’t give the lunatics a toll,” according to NPR. People who have been in meetings with Scott provided further insight into the Timeswho said she was “critical” of Trump’s refusal to accept his 2020 election defeat, and at a meeting shortly after the 2020 election “appeared in disbelief as she described how people she otherwise thought were serious and reasonable , thought there was a chance Mr. Trump could legitimately stop the inauguration of President Biden,” they said Times.

Dominion’s lawsuit alleges that Fox “sponsored, repeated and disseminated a series of provably false but devastating lies about Dominion,” a voting machine company that provided services to a number of states during the election. In its lawsuit, Dominion argues that in an attempt to restrain viewers who fled the outlet for more pro-Trump, conspiracy-minded people like Newsmax, Fox “deliberately and falsely” blamed Dominion for Trump’s loss and alleges it without evidence Dominion’s activities included electoral fraud and the payment of “bribes” to government officials who had used its services. Dominion has claimed such comments have “deeply damaged” the company’s “once thriving business” and resulted in some employees being harassed or receiving death threats.

Reports that Scott may be fired soon come as a number of former and current Fox hosts have been urged to resign in the ongoing defamation battle initiated by Dominion, including Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Steve Doocy, Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, Jeanine Pirro and Shepard Smith. In the post-election period, Bartiromo and Dobbs hosted Trump’s campaign attorneys Rudy Giuliani and Sydney Powell on their shows, where they allegedly reinforced discredited claims about Dominion – despite serving as Dominion attorneys Justin Nelson revealed efforts by senior Fox News executives to block Fox Business programs from hiring Trump attorneys in a court filing earlier this month. Fox’s attorney Justin Kellerdid not deny the manufacturers’ attempt to intervene, NPR reported.

Fox has cited First Amendment protections in defending the network’s coverage. “We are confident that we will prevail as freedom of the press is the foundation of our democracy and must be protected,” Fox News said vanity fair last month, adding that the claims for damages were “outrageous, unsubstantiated and not based on sound financial analysis”. Meanwhile, Dominion said in a statement at the time: “If Fox had his way, the more ‘newsworthy’ the lie, the greater their right to spread it. However, the First Amendment does not give broadcasters the right to knowingly spread lies or ignore the truth.”

Fox is apparently struggling to keep more of his behind-the-scenes discussions from coming out: loud TimesThe media outlet has “recently suffered several setbacks in court as it attempts to narrow the scope of the case and limit the internal communications it must turn over to Dominion.” NPR has reported that Dominion is also targeting the employment contracts of 13 of the network’s top executives, including Scott and Jay WallacePresident and Editor-in-Chief of Fox, and Bill Sammon, the executive editor in Washington who oversaw Fox’s election night decision desk and announced his resignation amid controversy over the Arizona projection; Keller, Fox’s attorney, has claimed that a review of the executives’ contracts is unnecessary given the amount of material they have already provided to Dominion.

A hearing is scheduled for April in Delaware, a trial that “could reshape the conservative media landscape by restricting some of the political discourse and reporting of false statements — and by encouraging news organizations, especially cable TV networks, to be more cautious about their lives.” Programming and their guests, not least how hosts respond to guests who make unsubstantiated claims,” Professor of Media Law at the University of Georgia Jonathan Peters enrolled vanity fair Last month.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/10/fox-news-dominion-lawsuit-suzanne-scott Behind-the-Scenes Discussions at Fox News Are Emerging As Dominion Lawsuit Proceeds

Screesnrantss

Pechip.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@pechip.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button