An already hairy situation for President Joe Biden appears to be getting worse.
According to several outlets, including FoxNews and The New York TimesAttorneys for the President have confirmed that a third batch of classified documents was discovered at his home in Wilmington, Delaware.
The original batch of classified documents was found in Biden’s former office in the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement building in Washington, DC on November 2 – a week before the fall midterm elections – but the announcement about it was not made until that time Week. This led to a search for other documents, and a second set of these were uncovered this week at Biden’s Delaware residence.
This third batch can now also be attributed to Biden’s home in Wilmington.
As Fox News noted, Presidential Special Counsel Richard Sauber counted a total of six classified documents found in Biden’s home. This most recent batch accounts for five of those six documents.
Watch: McCarthy’s big announcement will send leftists into complete panic: ‘The public should see it’
According to Sauber, when Biden’s personal attorneys originally found the first classified document in Biden’s home on Wednesday, they dropped the search due to lack of security clearance.
With the appropriate clearances, Sauber was personally on site to reassess the situation in Delaware.
“Because I have a security clearance, I drove to Wilmington Thursday night to facilitate the delivery of the document that the President’s personal attorney found Wednesday to the Justice Department,” Sauber said.
Should Biden be charged?
Yes: 0% (0 votes)
No: 0% (0 votes)
Sauber said the Justice Department “immediately took possession” of the classified documents.
“While handing it over to the DOJ officers who accompanied me, five additional pages of classification markings were discovered beneath the material, for a total of six pages,” he said, Fox reported. “The DOJ officials with me immediately took possession of them.”
According to a New York Times source, Sauber’s discovery came just hours after the White House first dealt with the documents found at the Delaware home.
The Times also said Biden’s top personal counsel, Bob Bauer, claimed the president’s legal team attempted to be transparent while still “operating within established norms and constraints necessary to protect the integrity of the investigation.” .
Whatever the reasons for how this ordeal has been handled so far, the discovery of these classified documents has been a veritable PR nightmare for the President.
Even CBS News, a typically left-leaning news network, struggled to conjure up a defense for the way the White House handled the controversy.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) January 12, 2023
Biden’s defense that the Wilmington documents are “in a locked garage” and not “out on the street” hasn’t helped the situation.
.@pdoocy: “Secret stuff next to your Corvette?
What did you think you were doing?”
President Biden: “God willing, I’ll have a chance to talk about all of this soon… My Corvette is in a locked garage, okay? So it’s not like they’re sitting out on the street…” pic.twitter.com/1gVvJo0dfH
— CSPAN (@cspan) January 12, 2023
Adding to all this worrying is the manner in which Biden previously chastised former President Donald Trump for his own classified documents episode in Mar-a-Lago during a September episode of 60 Minutes.
“How could this have happened?” Biden had said. “How could someone be so irresponsible? And I thought, ‘What data was in there that could compromise sources and methods?’”
https://www.westernjournal.com/breaking-bidens-nightmare-continues-third-batch-classified-documents-found/ Biden’s nightmare continues as a third batch of classified documents is found