THE biggest winter sun bargains for Brits looking to go on holiday in January are in Spain and Cyprus, with prices starting at £51 a night.
When you’re ready to travel further, long-haul destinations include Orlando in Florida, Dubai and Thailand.
The Post Office report found these destinations were the cheapest for Brits, offering a three-course meal for two with wine, a cup of coffee, a bottle of local beer, sunscreen, insect repellent, a can of Coca-Cola and a glass of wine used a bottle of still water as cross-references to create the list.
The best bargain holidays have been in Turkey; However, winter temperatures are not the warmest.
Spain and Cyprus are good contenders for fifth and sixth.
The average cost of a package holiday, a daily cup of coffee, beer and a three course meal is less than £500 per person.
Temperatures remain around 20 degrees even in January, which is much warmer than the UK.
We’ve found a number of deals for a holiday in Cyprus, with the cheapest deals available from £369 per person on a bed and breakfast basis.
The offer is available from Paphos Gardens Hotel on 4th January, training at £52pp per night.
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive deal, we’ve also found prices from £572 per person (£81 per night). Leonardo Plaza Cypria Maris Beach Hotel & Spa on January 4th.
Here are some of the best deals we found in Cyprus:
- Seven all-inclusive nights at The King Jason in Paphos on 4th January – from £599 per person
- seven nights B&B at Elias Beach Hotel in Limassol, on 4th January – from £394pp
Spain has also caught on as a bargain – both Tenerife and Lanzarote have average holiday costs of £500 and £500 for a week, respectively.
Here are the best deals we found for a holiday to Spain in January:
- Seven nights self catering at TUI SUNEO Tamaimo Tropical in Puerto de Santiago on 9th January – from £436 per person
- Seven All Inclusive nights at Catalonia Punta Del Rey in Las Caletillas on 9th January – from £449 per person
- Seven all-inclusive nights at Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas in Puerto de la Cruz on January 8th – from £486 per person
- Seven nights self catering at the Laguna Park II Apartments in Costa Adeje on 16th January – from £381 per person
- Seven nights full board at GF Noelia in Puerto De La Cruz on 16th January – from £509 per person
- Seven nights self catering at Lanzarote Paradise in Costa Teguise on 23rd January – from £360 per person
- Seven all-inclusive nights at the Rio Playa Blanca in Playa Blanca on 16th January – from £530 per person
- Seven nights self catering at the Plaza Azul Apartments in Puerto Del Carmen on 23rd January – from £395 per person
- seven nightts all inclusive at TUI SUNEO El Trebol in Costa Teguise, on 16th January – from £503pp
- Seven all-inclusive nights at BlueBay Lanzarote in Costa Teguise on 16th January – from £530 per person
Long-haul holidays are also available in January, with a week in Orlando including hotels, return flights, food and drink costing an average of £860 per person – although we’ve found deals as low as £686 for a week.
Other bargains came from Dubai (average holiday cost of £600 for three nights) and Thailand (average holiday cost of £1,096 for week-long stays).
Despite having a 24.8% price drop, Jamaica has the most expensive holiday prices of the group in January, with package holidays topping £1,200.
We’ve unveiled the best – and hottest – short-haul holidays in November with deals from £37.60 pppn
We’ve also found the cheapest flights to top holiday destinations from £12 return including Italy, Spain and the US.
Or for a seaside holiday in the UK this autumn and winter we’ve found deals from £7 a night.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/10616123/cheapest-winter-sun-destinations-january-spain/ Cheapest winter sun destinations from £51pppn in January – including Cyprus & Spain