MLS returns with another round of play this weekend as the Colorado Rapids take on the Los Angeles Galaxy in a crucial clash at DSG Park on Saturday.
Colorado Rapids vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Preview
Los Angeles Galaxy currently sits seventh in the MLS Western Conference standings and has been inconsistent this season. The away team suffered a 2-3 defeat against San Jose Earthquakes and will have to recover in this game.
The Colorado Rapids, on the other hand, are currently in 13th place in the league table and have struggled this year. The Rapids held a 1-1 draw against Orlando City in their last game and need to go one better this weekend.
Colorado Rapids vs. Los Angeles Galaxy head-to-head and key numbers
- Los Angeles Galaxy has a good record against Colorado Rapids, having won 29 of the 66 games between the two teams, as opposed to the Rapids’ 24 wins.
- The Colorado Rapids are unbeaten in their last seven games against the Los Angeles Galaxy in MLS – the longest unbeaten streak by either team in that game’s history.
- Colorado Rapids overcame a one-goal deficit against Orlando City last week to earn a tie — the second straight game they’ve salvaged points from a lost position.
- Los Angeles Galaxy have lost three of their last four games in MLS, conceding at least three goals in each of those games.
- With his goal against Orlando City last week, Gyasi Zardes became the first native player and 13th overall to score 90 or more career goals in MLS.
- Los Angeles Galaxy forward Dejan Joveljic has been very productive for his side this season, scoring seven goals in his last six appearances in MLS.
Colorado Rapids vs. Los Angeles Galaxy Prediction
Los Angeles Galaxy is currently in the midst of a slump and has a lot going on in the coming weeks. The away side have an impressive squad and will look to turn things around this weekend.
The Colorado Rapids may take a hit on their day but have a few issues to work through in the coming months. Both teams are even on paper and could pull off a draw in this game.
Forecast: Colorado Rapids 1-1 Los Angeles Galaxy
Up to $250 Deposit Match at BetRivers/SugarHouse
Colorado Rapids vs Los Angeles Galaxy betting tips
Tip 1: Result – draw
Tip 2: Game with over 2.5 goals – No
Tip 3: Los Angeles Galaxy to score first – Yes
Tip 4: Dejan Joveljic scores – Yes
https://www.sportskeeda.com/us-soccer/colorado-rapids-vs-los-angeles-galaxy-prediction-betting-tips-16th-july-mls-2022?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Colorado Rapids vs Los Angeles Galaxy Prediction and Betting Tips | 16th July