Generator fumes kill breastfeeding mother and baby in Ondo

Residents of Owo, the headquarters of Owo County in Ondo State, have fallen into a state of confusion following the death of a 29-year-old breastfeeding mother, Tawa, and her five-month-old child.

The tragedy was believed to have been caused by fumes from the generator purchased less than a week ago.

The husband of the deceased nursing mother was in critical condition at the Federal Medical Center (MZZ) Owo.

It was discovered that the couple turned on the generator before going to bed.

When she did not show up for work with her husband the next day, the deceased’s older sister, who had been waiting for her there, began to worry.

An FMC source revealed that “when Tawa called her older sister Thursday night to say her child was ill, the sister advised her to bring the child with her.

“The sister of the deceased was informed that neither Tawa nor her husband were at work when she arrived at FMC around 1pm.

“Concerned, the older sister went to her house with some of the deceased’s associates.

“The door was locked when they arrived so they had to force their way in and were horrified at what they saw.

“The baby had already passed out when the door was forced down, leaving the couple unconscious on the bed.”

Tawa was put on a ventilator to resuscitate the couple after she was taken to FMC. However, she later died while doctors struggled to save her husband. Generator fumes kill breastfeeding mother and baby in Ondo

Linh is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button