This article is a preview of Industry Season 2 Episode 2, The Giant Squid and may contain spoilers for previous episodes.
Industry is essentially HBO’s halftime between successor and euphoria – a workplace drama about unfortunate people in a cutthroat business who also happen to be drug-obsessed sex-obsessed sociopaths. It was an odd release in 2020, getting massive crowds on both HBO Max in America and BBC iPlayer in the UK, but it was obviously good enough to warrant a second season, which appears to be following a more traditional weekly release cadence becomes.
Industry Season 2 Episode 1 Summary
Season two debuted with “Daddy,” reintroducing us to a post-pandemic trading floor. Here’s what happened, summarized:
- Harper returned to the Pierpoint offices after a year working at a hotel, where she incidentally meets a new character, hedge fund pandemic forecaster Jesse Bloom.
- Yasmin lost at her biggest client in Maxim but might have found another opportunity in Pierpoint CEO Celeste.
- Robert is sober and suffers the consequences both professionally and privately.
- Eric is even more stressed than usual because Covid has been doing a range of work on the world economy and the New York Division has sent an emissary in the form of a smug young professional whom Eric can’t stand.
Industry season 2 episode 2 release date
The Giant Squid premieres Monday, August 8 at 9 p.m. ET on HBO and HBO Max. It will be the second of eight episodes to air every Monday through September 19.
Where to watch industry online
As mentioned above, Industry is exclusive to HBO and HBO Max, where it can be viewed with a subscription.
Predictions for The Giant Squid:
The official synopsis, according to IMDb, is as follows:
Harper’s decision to pursue Bloom over Felim reveals larger issues between her and Eric and the account. Meanwhile, Yasmin ventures into an exciting new opportunity, just as her estranged father, Charles, suddenly reappears and Robert takes his pursuit of Nicole to a new level.
We can make some logical assumptions from this, but some here are some other things that could happen:
- Harper obviously sees Bloom as a sign, but I got a bit of sexual chemistry from them. I wonder if some sort of authentic relationship might help Harper get more in touch with a recognizable morality.
- Robert will inevitably turn back to drugs, but the question is whether it will be Nicole or Yasmin who will lead him down the dark path.
- When Robert put Harper to bed, she made some nasty remarks about his sexual issues, so it seems like they’ve slept together all year.
https://readysteadycut.com/2022/08/02/next-time-on-industry-season-2-episode-2-the-giant-squid/ Industry season 2, episode 2 preview, release date, where to watch online