Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi lead PSG to a win over Lille
On Sunday February 19ththIn 2023, football club Paris Saint-Germain was just minutes away from losing a 4th– Straight match when Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi victoriously came to the rescue of PSG to prevent a bigger crisis at the hands of Qatari-backed Lille football club.
The French league leaders managed to give away a 2-goal lead as he eventually dropped just 1 goal and stayed in the game for just 4 minutes until Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi somehow managed to turn things around to turn a major debacle in the formation phase into a 4-3 win for Paris Saint-Germain over Lille last Sunday.
The exploits of Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi
As Paris Saint-Germain looked like they were about to come very close to another obstacle, Mbappe pulled through with a late equaliser Prince Park. Then Messi hit the deep winner from a free-kick opportunity with a deadly left-footed game-winning shot that found its way to the bottom right corner of the net.
Media statement from the Paris Saint-Germain head coach
“All I can say is that it’s a huge relief.” the head coach of Paris Saint-Germain, Christopher Galtierexpressed.
French league rankings
The elusive and hard-fought victory Paris St Germain The move came shortly after a 0-1 home defeat against FC Bayern Munich last week Champions League Match in the French Cup after losing 3-1 to Monaco in the French league, as well as another loss to their bitter-tasting rivals in Marseille.
Paris Saint-Germain held a 5-point lead over 2nd placend – Location Marseilles in the standings who should have kept the pressure on the leaders with a 3-2 win in Toulouse ahead of their game next week at the Stade Velodrome, the biggest competition in all of French football.
After only 1 – half hour running vs. Bayern MunichAfter returning from a hamstring injury, Mbappe was back in action against Galtier’s starting line-up. Kylian’s overall impression throughout the game made up for Paris Saint-Germain’s defensive weaknesses and lack of focus.
Paris Saint – Germain’s 2-0 lead after just 17 minutes of play, with goals from both Mbappe and Neymar, made PSG feel very comfortable, but the French champions then conceded 3 goals thanBafode Diakit, JonathanDavidAnd Jonathan Bamba All scored shortly after and PSG lost Neymar to injury on top of all of those goals from Lille. That definitely caused a lot of nervousness at the Paris Saint-Germain football club.
The host side was immediately under a lot of pressure, da Tim Weah‘s shot was deflected and Gianluigi Donnarumma was committed to an instinctive save to stop the football with nothing but his feet to make the enormous save. Paris Saint – Germain’s defender, Presnel Kimpembe, then put Donnarumma in a difficult position as he headed the football back towards the keeper only to set David up for a sweet – on – one. The Lille striker then expressed surprise at the accidental prepared attempt when his right foot didn’t come close to scoring to get past the Italy keeper.
Looking weak, Paris Saint-Germain relied on Mbappe to lead the way to their win. Set up by the Brazilian great at Neymar, the forward charged to the left then sliced inside to come face to face Tiago Djaloand Diakit. Mbappe smashed through Djalo to squeeze between the two, then beat goalkeeper Lucas Chevalier with a low shot that hit during the 11 goldth – game minute.
Paris Saint-Germain managed to double their lead with a quick group game that ignited and was completed by Neymar, who put the ball into his opponent’s empty net. Although, neymar was during the 2nd – half the game after twisting his right ankle.
Despite the comfortable pillow Paris St Germain was considered shaky and that they could not dominate the gameplay. The hosts often found themselves thrown back on their half of the pitch and were unable to remain at the top of the tournament for long after that.
Lille was compensated for his performance with a set piece in the 23rd gameapprox – Minute, Diakite heads the football home into the net from a Andre Gomes’ Cross after a corner – kick.
Things seemed to be taking a turn for the worse as Paris Saint-Germain’s Marco Verratti pulled Djalo’s uniform into the penalty area, prompting the referee to signal a penalty, which Paris Saint-Germain players, coaches and staff protested. David took the penalty and calmly put Donnarumma in his place to equalize.
Bamba then placed Lille with a spectacular shot from a tight angle in the upper corner of the goal under control, so that Mbappe shook his head in complete skepticism.
However, Kylian refused to give up and Mbappe put Paris Saint-Germain back in the game when he connected with a back pass out Juan Bernat putting the football behind the goal before Messi wowed Paris Saint-Germain fans with his incredible free-kick.
play somewhere else
Elsewhere goals come from Aleksandr Golovin as well as Myron Boadu gave the 3approx – Monaco took a 2-1 win at Brest and Lens also defeated Nantes 3-1 to stay in 4th placeth – place and just 8-points behind Paris Saint-Germain.
Lorient managed to beat Ajaccio 3 to 0. The striker of Rennes, Arnaud KalimuendoHe scored twice in the 2-0 win over Clermont Wahbi Khazri accidentally scored a late game – the winner led Montpellier to a 1-0 win at Troyes.
Kylian Mbappe’s Football Career Achievements, Honors and Awards
- League 1: 2016 – 2017
- Coupe de la Ligue Second – Up: 2016 – 2017
Paris St Germain
- League 1: 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2021-2022
- Coupe de France: 2017-2018, 2019-2020, 2020-2021; Second – Up: 2018 – 2019
- Coupe de la Ligue: 2017-2018, 2019-2020
- Champions Trophy: 2019, 2020
- UEFA Champions League runners-up – promotion: 2019 – 2020
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2016
- FIFA World Cup: 2018, runners-up: 2022
- UEFA Nations League: 2020-2021
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2016
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year: 2018-2019, 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: April 2017, March 2018, August 2018, February 2019, February 2021, August 2021, February 2022, November/December 2022
- UEFA Champions League squad of the season: 2016-2017, 2019-2020, 2020-2021
- UEFA Champions League Team of the Season: 2021 – 2022
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018, 2019
- Golden Boy: 2017
- FIFA World Cup Golden Boot: 2022
- FIFA World Cup Silver Ball: 2022
- FIFA World Cup Young Talent Award: 2018
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2018
- Kopa Trophy: 2018
- IFFHS Men’s World Team: 2018, 2021, 2022
- IFFHS World’s Best Top Goal Scorer: 2022
- French Player of the Year: 2018, 2019
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2018
- Ligue 1 top scorer: 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021, 2021-2022
- Ligue 1 top assistant: 2021 – 2022
- Globe Soccer Best Player of the Year: 2021
- Bronze medal: 2019
- UEFA Nations League Finals Golden Boot: 2021
- Knight of the Legion of Honor: 2018
Lionel Messi’s Football Career Achievements, Honors and Awards
- League (10): 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- King’s Cup (7): 2008-2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2020-2021
- Supercopa de España (8): 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2018
- UEFA Champions League: 2005-2006, 2008-2009, 2010-2011, 2014-2015
- UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011, 2015
Paris St Germain
- League 1: 2021 – 2022
- Trophy of Champions: 2022
- FIFA World Youth Championship: 2005
Argentina U – 23
- Soccer World Cup: 2022
- Copa America: 2021
- CONMEBOL-UEFA Cup of Champions: 2022
- Ballon d’Or / FIFA Ballon d’Or (7): 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2019, 2021
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2009
- Best Men’s FIFA Player: 2019
- European Golden Boot (6): 2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball: 2014, 2022
- FIFA World Cup Silver Boot: 2022
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2009, 2011
- FIFA U-20 World Cup Golden Ball: 2005
- FIFA U-20 World Cup Golden Boot: 2005
- Copa America Best Player: 2015, 2021
- Copa America top scorer: 2021
- Best LaLiga Player (6): 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2014-2015
- Pichichi Trophy (8): 2009 – 2010, 2011 – 2012, 2012 – 2013, 2016 – 2017, 2017 – 2018, 2018 – 2019, 2019 – 2020, 2020 – 2021
- Laureus World Sportsman of the Year: 2020
- Argentine Footballer of the Year (14): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
The Associated Press News Services. “Mbappe, Messi inspire PSG to win 4-3 against Lille”. The Associated Press. Sunday 19 February 2023.
Football Reference News Services. “Kylian Mbappe”. Soccer Reference. Tuesday February 21, 2023.
Football Reference News Services. “Lionel Messi”. Soccer Reference. Tuesday February 21, 2023.
https://www.casinonewsdaily.com/2023/02/23/kylian-mbappe-lionel-messi-take-control-leading-paris-saint-germain-to-4-3-victory-vs-lille/ Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi lead PSG to a win over Lille