Lens are hosted at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis on Sunday afternoon for the opening weekend of the new Ligue 1 Brest season.
The hosts continued their upward trend under coach Franck Haise last season, securing a second straight first-half place just two years after promotion. They finished seventh in the league with 62 points from 38 games, their highest Ligue 1 scoring this century.
Lens had some significant departures this summer including Check Doucoure and Jonathan Clauss. However, they have landed several high-profile signings at bargain prices and hope they can help the club do better this season.
Brest also enjoyed a solid season last season, with new coach Michel Der Zakarian working wonders. They escaped relegation by just one point in the 2020-21 season but secured an 11th place finish last season, picking up 48 points from 38 games.
The visitors have brought a few new faces, including former Norwich man Pierre Lees Melou and Karamoko Dembele. They’ve had a solid preseason, winning three of their four games and hope to carry that momentum into the new season.
Lens vs Brest Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Sunday’s game marks the 20th meeting between Lens and Brest. The hosts have won seven of their previous matchups while Brest have won two more. There were three draws between the two teams.
- The Pirates are undefeated in their last three games in this game, having lost two of their previous three.
- Lens have kept their last ten games without conceding a goal.
- The Blood and Gold lost just three home games in the league last season, the second fewest in the division.
- Exactly half of Brest’s league defeats last season were away from home.
- The hosts scored 62 league goals last season, their highest-scoring season in nearly four decades.
Lens vs Brest Prediction
Lens ended the previous season in an eight-game unbeaten streak. They carried that form into the off-season, winning four of their six games, including a 1-0 win over Inter Milan. They have only lost one home game since March and will be hoping for their chances in this one.
Brest, on the other hand, played well last season but last season they struggled for results away from home and could lose here.
forecast: Lens 1-0 Brest.
2 for 1 New Player Bonus at Barstool
Lens vs Brest betting tips
Tip 1 – Result: lens.
Tip 2 – Both teams to score: NO (Only one team has scored in all but one of Lens’ last six games).
Tip 3 – Goals – Over/Under 2.5 – Under 2.5 goals (All but one of Brest’s last five games have produced under 2.5 goals).
Paul Merson has predicted all GW 1 Premier League games. More details right here
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/lens-vs-brest-prediction-betting-tips-august-7-2022?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Lens vs Brest Prediction and Betting tips