Live odds and predictions for Round 4 of the Players Championship
March 11, 2023; Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, USA; Scottie Scheffler watches his tee shot during the third round of THE PLAYERS Championship golf tournament. Mandatory Credit: David Yeazell-USA TODAY Sports
- Scottie Scheffler leads the Players Championship by two shots over Min Woo Lee after round three
- Only seven players are within five shots in their attempt to win the PGA Tour’s crown jewel event
- Check out the updated Players Championship 2023 odds and predictions for Sunday’s finals below
Scottie Scheffler has been on the go for the past 13 months, winning five times on the PGA Tour, including last year’s Masters. He has the best opportunity to win for the second time in 2023 and it would be the second-biggest title of his young career. He leads the players after three days by two ahead of Min Woo Lee and four ahead of Cam Davis, both Aussies. Going into the week, Scheffler had the third-shortest odds of securing what is billed as the “fifth major” on the PGA Tour.
The top seven players on the board, aside from Scheffler, have a total of two PGA Tour wins (Davis 1, Chad Ramey 1). Saturday was an attacking day at TPC Sawgrass, with the lowest single-lap point average (69.57) at the event since 1983. Tom Hoge made the cut to number (+2) and then went on to set a stunning course record of 10 to fire. under, 62.
Read on to see updated odds and best value bets for Sunday’s final round.
2023 Players Championship Odds
|Min Woo Lee||2||-12||+600|
Scheffler shot three rounds in the ’60s, shooting 68-69-65. He found himself level on points with Min Woo Lee on Saturday 18, but a drop shot from Lee and a birdie from the five-time PGA Tour champion gave Scheffler a two-shot lead. Cam Davis, who won the 2021 Rocket Mortgage Classic, is in third place, four behind.
Odds as of March 11th at DraftKings Sportsbook.
top of the board
Simply put, the back pack behind Scottie Scheffler is in a world of pain should Scottie fulfill his abilities. Seemingly at ease, he’s racked up wins and is five ahead of the fourth-placed golfer. This week he won first from the tee to the green and finished second on the green. He’s only made one bogey in each of the first three days, so he probably won’t bring many bad-playing players into the game.
Scottie Scheffler on 54 holes in his four previous stroke play wins:
2022 WMPO: Followed by 2
2022 API: Towed by 2
2022 Masters: Led by 3
2023 WMPO: Led by 2
With a 2 lead into tomorrow’s final round.
— Jason Sobel (@JasonSobelTAN) March 11, 2023
For those looking for a glimmer of hope, there’s one — the big hole in his resume was last year’s tour championship for the FedEx Cup. Scheffler held a 6-shot lead after 54 holes and ultimately failed to convert that into a win. Still, he learned his lesson from it, so anticipating another collapse is a big challenge.
The two directly behind Scheffler are Lee, who has two DP World Tour titles to his credit (most recently the Scottish Open in 2021). He’s second in SG: three days from the tee, although this is his first player and may not have the experience to handle a stressful Sunday. Cam Davis is four behind and was 24th in last round average last season, giving him a good chance to close the gap.
2023 Masters Odds: Track the favorites to win in Augusta
2023 Players Championship Best Live Value Picks
- Tommy Fleetwood (+2200): Tommy Fleetwood has been waiting for this landmark win in the USA for a long time after a successful career that included winning six times on the DP World Tour. He was T-5 on this track in 2019 and T-7 in 2018. For three days, Fleetwood is third in SG: Tee-to-Green and shot a solid 7-under on Saturday, 65.
- Sunjae Im (+3500): Another golfer who made a big leap on move day was Sungjae Im, who hit a stunning 8-under at 64. He improved every time, going 75-69-64. He’s behind the pace six times, the same number of shots Scheffler lost in the Tour championship last year. Im made nine birdies in the third round en route to his spectacular result.
Sports and entertainment writer
Michael “Hound Dog” Harrison is best known in the sports industry as the resident statistician for the SC on the Jay Onrait Show. He has worked at TSN for over 16 years where he has appeared on Sportscentre, That’s Hockey, That’s Hockey 2Nite, The Masters Preview Shows and more.
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/golf/the-players-championship-4th-round-live-odds-and-predictions/ Live odds and predictions for Round 4 of the Players Championship