A prominent loyalist activist accused of taking part in an unlawful parade is demanding full disclosure of “strategic” CCTV footage from police at the scene, a court heard today.
Oil Keys’ attorney also confirmed that he would like the contents of a filmed media interview to be turned over as part of his defense.
Keys, 21, of Finbank Court in Belfast is being prosecuted for allegedly taking part in an undeclared public procession.
The case relates to an anti-Northern Ireland Protocol parade that took place in the south of the city on July 8 last year.
Keys is expected to challenge the charges, but he was not present at the first stage of the proceedings at Belfast Magistrates Court.
It has been confirmed that he is currently the only person facing criminal charges in connection with the incident.
Defense attorney Mark Austin provided details of the evidence requested by police, including the content of a media clip posted online.
“There are various CCTV’s that have been strategically placed by officers all over the place, that’s what I want to achieve,” Mr. Austin said.
“Most importantly, police are relying heavily on an interview Mr Keys allegedly gave to Belfast Live at the time.
“None of them have been served.”
District Judge Amanda Henderson granted the activist legal aid after he was told his earnings as a supermarket worker.
She adjourned the case for four weeks until Keys is due to formally confirm his stance on the charges.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/courts/loyalist-activist-accused-of-participating-in-unlawful-parade-seeking-disclosure-of-cctv-recordings-from-police-at-the-scene-court-told-42009738.html Loyalist activist accused of participating in unlawful parade seeking disclosure of CCTV recordings from police at the scene, court told