A 53-year-old man has died after being “seriously attacked” with a machete in Omagh, the PSNI said.
The police then arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of murder and attempted murder.
After the incident on Sunday night, October 16, investigators are asking for information.
At around 11.55pm it was reported that two men had been attacked by a man armed with a machete outside a house in the Slievecoole Park area.
Officials attended along with colleagues from the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service.
Detective Chief Inspector John Caldwell said: “Unfortunately one of the men died a short time later aged 53. The other man was taken to hospital for treatment for hand injuries.
“A 20-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and is currently in police custody.
“To determine what happened, I am appealing to everyone who was in the Slievecoole Park area or licensed premises in the Gortin Road area on Sunday night before or around the time the attack was reported to us and who saw it have contacted what happened.
“Have you seen anyone behaving suspiciously or may have had dash cam footage?
“If you have any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, please call the detectives on 101 and quote reference number 1874 dated 10/16/22.”
Alternatively, information can be obtained by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-20-arrested-on-suspicion-of-murder-after-machete-attack-in-omagh-42071872.html Man (20) arrested on suspicion of murder after machete attack in Omagh