A 33-year-old man was questioned by the PSNI about the recovery of a firearm as part of the investigation into the 2017 murder of George Gilmore in Carrickfergus.
The PSNI said the man was interviewed after the gun was recovered in October last year.
A PSNI spokesman said: “He visited Antrim Police Station this morning, Thursday 4th August. He was released after the interview and a file is now being prepared for prosecutors to review.”
Mr Gilmore was targeted while in a vehicle on Pinewood Avenue in the city.
The 44-year-old died the following day in hospital from a “catastrophic brain injury resulting from a gunshot wound.”
The shooting was linked to a loyalist feud at the time.
In 2019, three men on trial were acquitted of murder.
https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-33-interviewed-by-psni-over-firearm-recovery-in-carrickfergus-murder-investigation-41890660.html Man (33) interviewed by PSNI over firearm recovery in Carrickfergus murder investigation