Man Who Mowed Down ‘Republican’ Teen Walks Free After 2 Days in Jail

In North Dakota, 18-year-old Cayler Ellingson died after Shannon Brandt hit him with his car and admitted he did so because they were having “a political argument.” But after being arrested and sent to jail, Brandt was released Tuesday for posting his $50,000 bond.

After his release, Brandt’s attorney could not be reached for comment, Fox News reported.

North Dakota’s bail laws allow a person to be released once they have been processed in prison (mug photos, fingerprints, bail) and then bail has been paid, the Bail Bonds Network reported.

“Once the deposit amount is confirmed, it can be paid in full by you or a loved one using cash or property as collateral. You can also hire a North Dakota bail agent to post bail at the local jail. At this point, the approval process begins and typically takes between one and two hours,” explains Bail Bonds Network.


Don Lemon has the audacity to suggest to the royal analyst that the monarchy should pay reparations, and immediately regrets it

The details of exactly how Brandt’s bail was posted and who posted it are unknown.

However, Brandt still faces criminal homicide charges and driving under the influence of alcohol, KVLY-TV reported.

According to court documents, Brandt, 41, called 911 around 2:35 a.m. Sunday morning. He said he hit a pedestrian who he claimed threatened.

“Brandt stated that the pedestrian called some people and Brandt feared they would come for him. Brandt admitted to State Radio that he punched the pedestrian and that the pedestrian was part of a Republican extremist group,” Fox said in the court document.

Do you think Republicans are facing new threats of violence?

The court documents also noted that Ellingson reportedly called his mother before the incident and asked her if she knew who Brandt was, KVLY reported.

Ellingson’s mother said she knew Brandt and would come to pick Ellingson up, the news outlet reported.

The court document further outlined the sequence of events, reporting that after the initial phone call, Ellingson called his mother again and told her that “he” or “she” was stalking him, according to KVLY.

After being hit by Brandt’s vehicle, Ellingson was taken to Carrington Hospital and pronounced dead, KVLY reported.

Brandt later admitted to the police that he had hit the pedestrian and then left the scene of the accident. Afterward, he returned again to call 911, but then decided to leave before police arrived.


Man arrested after defacing Washington Monument with bizarre message that will require lengthy removal process

Police found Brandt at his home, which was about 12 minutes from where the Ellingson was struck, KVLY reported.

Brandt also admitted to the authorities that he had been drinking.

A breathalyser test showed his blood alcohol level was over 0.08, which Fox says is the legal limit in North Dakota. Man Who Mowed Down ‘Republican’ Teen Walks Free After 2 Days in Jail

Linh is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button