Overwatch 2 is getting another patch update today, January 24, 2023, which will introduce a whole host of changes to some of the more problematic heroes in the game.
One of the biggest highlights of the patch will be the massive nerfs that will make their way to Roadhog. The hero has been a huge problem for the past few weeks, allowing him to one-shot most players after landing a chain hook.
The devs will now try to nerf it significantly, and when talking about the mentioned nerfs,
“These changes are aimed at reducing the frustration of dying instantly in one fell swoop after being hooked and dragged by Roadhog. Chain Hook is still a powerful tool for forcibly repositioning enemy players, so it still often leads to eliminations. Its effectiveness is now more dependent on specific hero pairings and how the addicted target can respond to them.”
Aside from Roadhog, there will be a significant amount of optimization for Sojourn, Kiriko, and Orisa. These will be minor nerfs to her kit that will try to balance her overall impact in the game.
Overwatch 2 fans looking for a detailed description of the patch can refer to Blizzard’s official website.
For a brief overview, however, you will find all the important highlights here
Overwatch 2 Patch Official Notes (January 24)
- Health bonus reduced from 125 to 75
- Impact damage reduced from 30 to 5
- Increased Roadhog enemy ending position distance after dragging from 3 meters to 4 meters
- Damage per pellet reduced from 6.6 to 6
- Recovery time reduced from 0.85 to 0.8 seconds
- Reduced reload time from 2 to 1.75 seconds
- Maximum ammo increased from 5 to 6
- Energy gain is no longer based on damage dealt by primary fire. Each primary fire hit against an enemy player now grants 5 energy
- Primary fire damage per projectile reduced from 10 to 9
Healing of Ofuda
- Recovery time increased from 0.85 to 1 second
4) Bug fixes
- Fixed an issue with the “How to unlock” text on the Winged Sandals weapon charm
- Adjusted footstep audio mix to make enemy footsteps more audible
- Fixed an issue where Lucio’s Hermes skin had incorrect physics
- Fixed an issue where Reinhardt’s hammer would appear deformed during the Sweethardt emote
- Fixed an issue where Sojourn’s cyber detective skin would not load
- Fixed an issue with Adaptive Shield where it could incorrectly be applied before the cooldown expired
https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/news-overwatch-2-patch-official-notes-january-24-massive-roadhog-nerfs-tweaks-sojourn-kiriko?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Massive Roadhog nerfs, adjustments to Sojourn and Kiriko