Messi considers sensational Barca return
The January transfer window may be closed across Europe, but teams are looking towards the summer and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Messi considers Barcelona return
Paris Saint Germain striker Lionel Messi heavily considering Barcelona return, write Foot Mercato.
There are only three months left until his contract at the Parc des Princes expires and despite PSG’s interest in keeping him at the club, the latest suggests they are still a long way from an agreement.
The 35-year-old was previously tipped at a possible move to MLS but now it’s said that a Camp Nou return is seen as a golden opportunity Blaugrana are already looking for a solution that would make them a reality amidst their current economic difficulties.
Whether Messi decides to stay in Paris depends on how he is involved in the future project Fabrizio Romanowho explained how the Argentine international had already been offered a new contract by the club’s management.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
Messi has remained in impressive form this season, contributing to 35 goals in 31 games.
– Real Madrid are monitoring the Tottenham Hotspur striker’s situation Harry Kanewrites the email. The 29-year-old England international’s contract enters his final year in the summer and with the LaLiga champions keen to find a long-term successor for Karim Benzema, it looks like they could be fighting for his services, which is the case the case has also piqued the interest of Manchester United and Bayern Munich.
– Fiorentina midfielder Sofian Amrabat is on the radar of Barcelona and Spurs, reports Calciomercato. Although the 26-year-old, who has been linked with a move to the Camp Nou, was disappointed he wasn’t signed in January, he has enjoyed positive form in both Serie A and the Europa Conference League. It is reported that clubs across Europe are expected to return to the negotiating table in hopes of signing him in the summer.
– Mykola Matvienko will sign a new contract with Shakhtar Donetsk, writes Fabrizio Romano. The 26-year-old defender was linked with Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion in the summer and it is said they are still pursuing him despite his recent decision to dedicate his future to the wanted Ukrainian Premier League club Transfer fee of 30 million euros.
– Manchester United added Napoli defenders Kim Min Jae shortlisted, reports Football Insider. Given the interest in Victor Osimhen, the Premier League side are not only looking for a striker but are also prioritizing strengthening the centre-back. It is reported that Min-Jae, 26, has a release clause in his contract that can be activated this summer for a fee of £43million.
– Clubs in LaLiga are keeping a close eye on the Club America defender Emily Laraaccordingly Ekrem Konur. Celta Vigo and Osasuna are among the sides interested in the 20-year-old, who has played eight games in the Clausura campaign. Lara made his international debut for Mexico in September’s 1-0 friendly defeat by Paraguay.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/blog-transfer-talk/story/4903355/transfer-talk-messi-considering-sensational-barca-return Messi considers sensational Barca return