LSU football received a series of penalties for recruiting violations from former offensive line coach James Cregg, the NCAA announced today.
Penalties include –
- One year trial period.
- A $5,000 fine (self-imposed).
- A limit of official visits for football to 55 during the 2022-23 academic year (self-imposed).
- A week-long ban on unofficial visits to the football program before the start of the 2022/23 academic year (self-imposed).
- A week-long ban on recruiting communications in the football program before the start of the 2022–23 academic year (self-imposed).
- A reduction of the football program by seven evaluation days in the autumn 2021 evaluation period (self-imposed).
- A three-year show-cause assignment for the former assistant coach. During this period, each NCAA member school that employs him must bar him from any off-campus recruiting activity unless there is a reason the restrictions should not apply.
Cregg’s three-year show-cause sentence may not affect his coaching future. He currently trains in the NFL as an assistant offensive line coach for the San Francisco 49ers. As long as he trains outside of the NCAA, it doesn’t matter.
However, this may affect his bank account.
Cregg (pictured below) was fired by former head coach Ed Orgeron in June 2021 “for good reason.” The university did not pay out the remainder of his contract. He filed a lawsuit against the school.
According to a report by James Finn of The lawyer In August, state judge Wilson Fields ruled that LSU pay Cregg $492,945. Finn also noted that LSU planned to appeal the decision.
Don’t expect LSU to change the status quo as it is already operating under the current guidelines mandated by today’s ruling.
LSU (2-1) hosts New Mexico (2-1) this Saturday night in Death Valley. Kick-off is scheduled for 6:30 a.m.
LSU’s best QBs aren’t named Joe Burrow
LSU Football Career Receiving Yards Leaders
https://kpel965.com/lsu-football-receives-punishment-from-ncaa-due-to-former-assistant/ NCAA Levies Punishments on LSU Football Due to Former Assistant