The awards ceremony, held at the Birmingham Conference & Events Center on Monday (October 9), recognized and rewarded the talent and hard work of the English food industry and recognized the best restaurants, takeaways, pubs, cafes and producers.
The winners were chosen based on votes from the public, who nominated their favorite establishments in various categories including Restaurant of the Year, Gastro Pub of the Year, Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year and Best Street Food.
Read more: North Yorkshire woman trampled by cows and her dog killed
Restaurants in Durham, Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Darlington triumphed on the list, while Station Five Deli in Eaglescliffe also picked up an award.
Sol Tapas Restaurant in Darlington and Barrio Comida also won awards on the night.
The aim of the awards was to recognize excellence across a range of categories, highlight the best food business England has to offer, promote the country’s industry and celebrate its diversity and quality.
A spokesperson for Food Awards England 2023 said: “We have had an overwhelming response from the public, who have nominated some fantastic businesses across the country.
“These awards are a testament to the passion and commitment of the country’s food industry and the hard work of those who provide exceptional dining experiences to their customers. The winners should be proud of their achievement as they represent the best of the English food scene and are a true reflection of the quality and diversity of the industry.
“Congratulations to all the winners and finalists who demonstrated excellence in their respective categories.”
- Best Mediterranean eatery in the north: Sol Tapas Restaurant (Darlington)
- Café/Bistro of the Year Northeast: Station Five Deli (Eaglescliffe)
- Restaurant of the Year North East: Sorella Sorella (Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Best Italian Restaurant in the North: Uno Momento (Darlington)
- Best World Cuisine in the North: Persian Cottage (Middlesbourgh)
- Overall Winner for Best World Cuisine: Persian Cottage (Middlesbourgh)
- Best Mexican Restaurant in the North: Barrio Comida (Durham)
- Gastro Pub of the Year North: The Three Horseshoes (Blyth)