Sporting Kansas City will be looking to move up from bottom of the Western Conference table when they take on Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium on Sunday.
The Claret and Cobalt go into the weekend as one of just two teams yet to lose a home game in MLS this season.
Salt Lake couldn’t stem its slump in form on Thursday, losing 2-1 away to Atlanta United.
They have now gone four games without a win, drawing two and losing twice. With 30 points from 20 games, Salt Lake is fourth in the Western Conference standings, level on points with third-place Nashville.
Meanwhile, Kansas City couldn’t stay away from the drop zone as they reach a 1-1 draw with Minnesota United.
A 2-1 away win at CF Montreal followed on 10 July, ending a two-game losing streak. Kansas City is bottom of the conference standings with just 20 points from 21 games.
Real Salt Lake vs. Sporting Kansas City head-to-head and key numbers
- Salt Lake have a slight upper hand in this game, having 16 wins from their last 41 games.
- Kansas City has 15 wins in that time, and the spoils have been shared ten times.
- Salt Lake has recorded six wins and three draws in its nine home games. They are one of only two teams unbeaten at home this season, including the Philadelphia Union.
- Kansas City have recorded just one win in their last four games, ending in a draw and two losses.
- The Claret and Cobalt are four games without a win and just two points from their last 12.
Real Salt Lake vs Sporting Kansas City Prediction
While Salt Lake has struggled to pick up wins in recent weeks, they are returning to the home turf where they have excelled this season. They should use their home field advantage and walk away with a narrow win.
forecast: Salt Lake 2-1 Kansas City.
Up to $250 Deposit Match at BetRivers/SugarHouse
Real Salt Lake vs Sporting Kansas City betting tips
Tip 1: Result – Real Salt Lake.
Tip 2: Playing With Less Than 4.5 Maps – Yes (There have been fewer than five bookings in four of the last five meetings between the two teams).
Tip 3: Play with less than 10.5 corners – Yes (There have been less than 11 corners in seven of their last eight games).
https://www.sportskeeda.com/us-soccer/real-salt-lake-vs-sporting-kansas-city-prediction-betting-tips-17th-july-mls-2022-23?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Real Salt Lake vs Sporting Kansas City Prediction and Betting Tips | 17th July