Salah open to Spain as Liverpool drift
The January transfer window may be closed across Europe, but teams are looking towards the summer and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Salah is considering his options
Mohammed Salah is increasingly interested in the idea of leaving Liverpool during the summer transfer window, according to Foot Mercato.
The Egypt international, first signed in 2017, has been a key player for Jurgen Klopp’s side, even signing a contract extension until June 2025 last summer.
Despite this, the 30-year-old is now questioning his future and may leave Liverpool without one of his prolific trios from past seasons sadio mane left for Bayern Munich and Roberto Firmin will depart at the end of the campaign.
Salah is said to want to join another European giant to give his career a new meaning, although there aren’t too many clubs that could offer him the financial and sporting challenge he desires. It is added that Spain is the striker’s preferred destination if he leaves Anfield when the transfer window opens.
Liverpool have endured a disappointing season so far, with the Reds knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid in the Round of 16 and currently sitting sixth in the Premier League.
Despite this, Salah has been in fine form, recording 22 goals and 11 assists in 39 games in all competitions.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
– Aston Villa and Everton are both monitoring the situation from Romelu Lukakuaccordingly Ekrem Konur, with the forward currently on loan from Chelsea to Internazionale. Injuries have helped the 29-year-old manage just nine starts in all competitions so far this season, with his future seemingly far from decided.
– Aston Villa and other Premier League clubs are interested in the AS Roma striker Tammy Abraham, according to Calciomercato, who adds that Villa has been interested in the 25-year-old for months. Roma could be ready to let the Englishman go even though it would cost over €40m to secure a deal.
– Tottenham Hotspur are keeping a close eye on the Leeds United defender’s situation Robin Koch as the London club are considering a summer move, according to Football Insider. The 26-year-old is on Spurs’ shortlist as they look to bring in a centre-back, although it’s believed his price could drop if Leeds are relegated – particularly if the German’s contract ends in 2024. Spurs are also looking at Kochs Leeds teammates Jack Harrison.
– Ajax Amsterdam want to extend the 22-year-old forward’s contract Mohammed Kudusreported Ekrem Konur, adding that Real Madrid and Manchester United are interested in the Ghanaian international. Kudus has recorded 18 goals and five assists in 35 games in all competitions this season and is currently on a contract that runs until summer 2025.
– After Borussia Dortmund’s 6-1 win over 1. FC Köln, club captain Marco Reus Sky Sports Germany said: “I would love to end my career here.” This comes amid speculation about the future of the 33-year-old midfielder, whose current contract expires at the end of the season.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4904288/transfer-talk-salah-open-to-spain-move-as-liverpool-drift Salah open to Spain as Liverpool drift