Schalke host Werder Bremen on Saturday (January 14) in a friendly ahead of their return to the Bundesliga at the VELTINS-Arena.
The hosts have endured a difficult return to the top flight and find themselves bottom of the table for the second half of the season. Schalke lost 2-0 to leaders Bayern Munich in their last competitive game and were lucky not to have lost by a large margin. Next weekend, the hosts will meet Eintracht Frankfurt when they return to competitive matches.
Werder, on the other hand, did significantly better than their opponents on their return to the Bundesliga, finding themselves in the top half of the table and pushing for European places. However, they went into the international break after back-to-back defeats, losing 6-1 to Bayern Munich and 2-1 to RB Leipzig.
The weekend’s clash marks the visitors’ last friendly of the winter break and they will look to wrap things up with a win.
Schalke vs Werder Bremen head to head and key figures
- In the previous 51 matches, Schalke led 21:18 against Werder.
- The visitors are undefeated in the last six games of the encounter.
- The hosts have kept a clean sheet in their last 15 games since 2016.
- Schalke have picked up seven points at home in the league this season. Only Augsburg (5) picked up less.
- Only two of Bremen’s six league defeats this season were conceded away.
- The Royal Blues have conceded 32 league goals this season. Only Bochum (36) conceded more.
Schalke vs Werder Bremen Prediction
Schalke are winless in their last six games in all competitions and have won just one game since September. They have lost four of their last five competitive games at home and could struggle here.
Bremen, on the other hand, is unbeaten in four games and has won three. They are in much better shape than their opponents and should win.
forecast: Schalke 1-2 Werder Bremen
Schalke vs Werder Bremen betting tips
Tip 1 – Result: Bremen
Tip 2 – Goals – Over/Under 2.5 – Over 2.5 goals (Five of the visitors’ last seven games have produced more than 2.5 goals.)
Tip 3 – Both teams to score: Yes (Both teams have scored in the last five games.)
https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/schalke-vs-werder-bremen-prediction-betting-tips-january-14-2023?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=sportskeeda Schalke vs Werder Bremen prediction and betting tips