This week saw the notable absence of actress Amanda Abington. A representative for the show stated that she and her partner Giovanni would return at a later date.
They said: “For medical reasons, Amanda Abbington will not be taking part in Strictly Come Dancing this weekend. Strictly Come Dancing protocols mean that, all being well, Amanda and Giovanni will return the following week.”
Check out the week 5 results as Strictly Come Dancing continues
The third 10 of the 2023 series took place this week, with Ellie and Vito receiving 37 points from the judges.
However, Layton and Nikita scored the fourth, fifth and sixth tens of the series shortly afterwards.
Check out all the songs and dances used in week 5 of Strictly Come Dancing
Here are all the songs and dances the couples used on Strictly Come Dancing this week:
- Adam Thomas – Couple’s Choice to Backstreet Boys Medley by Backstreet Boys
- Zara McDermott – American Smooth to Can’t Fight The Moonlight by LeAnn Rimes
- Krishnan Guru-Murthy – Quickstep to “The Lady Is A Tramp” by Frank Sinatra
- Ellie Leach – Paso Doble to Insomnia by Faithless
- Amanda Abbington – Cha Cha to Canned Heat by Jamiroquai (Didn’t break up this week)
Our #Strictly The 2023 vintage is complete! 💃🕺🏻
Get to know our line-up 👉 pic.twitter.com/VBILr7uZ0x
— BBC Strictly ✨ (@bbcstrictly) August 11, 2023
- Eddie Kadi – Samba to Calm Down by Rema with Selena Gomez
- Angela Rippon – Tango to Tangier by Sexteto Mayor
- Layton Williams – Salsa to Quimbara by Johnny Pacheco and Celia Cruz
- Bobby Brazier – Viennese Waltz at Golden Hour by JVKE
- Nigel Harman – Foxtrot to “I Just Want To Make Love To You” by Etta James
- Angela Scanlon – American Smooth to Cherish by Madonna
- Annabel Croft – Charleston to Ladies Night by Kool & The Gang
Strictly Come Dancing continues every Saturday and Sunday on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.