The Duke of Wellington pub on Medomsley Road in Consett has reopened after closing in February this year.
The venue welcomed back its loyal customers on Saturday (October 14) as renovations are currently underway.
Read more: Duke of Wellington pub reopens on Medomsley Road, Consett
The pub originally closed earlier this year after landlord Alan Marshall was forced to close the doors of The Duke after 16 years at the helm – after electricity bills and rising beer prices proved too high.
A Duke spokesman said: “We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came to our launch on Saturday.”
“It was great meeting you all and your support was great from start to finish!
“It’s great to see a local community coming together and supporting us on our journey. Here’s to many more great evenings at Duke!”
“We will continue to update the bar as the weeks go by.
“We look forward to seeing you all again soon!”
Get more news, politics and entertainment coverage from The Northern Echo with a Premium Plus subscription for just £5 for 5 months. Click here.
They added that painters and decorators will be completing their final work this week as the pub undergoes its transformation.
Additionally, the venue has announced that its brand new CCTV system will be installed in the near future.
The pub said it valued the support of residents and hoped to provide them with experiences “they will never forget”.