Loading JustWatch data…
We discuss predictions for the Hulu series The Handmaid’s Tale Season 5 Episode 8 which includes release date, time and where to watch online.
The story of the maid Season 5, Episode 7 focuses on the reunion of serena and June, after Serena saved her rival’s life and betrayed her colleagues from Gilead. Driving aimlessly away from this event, the two women find themselves in the wilderness with Serena showing all the signs of labor. These tense scenes are punctuated by a flashback in which June and Serena witness a traumatic birth in Gilead. It’s another stunning episode in which the two main actors give excellent performances while struggling with these unprecedented circumstances. Here’s what happened in episode seven of The story of the maid:
- June drives Serena away from the crime scene. Serena points her gun at June while June wants to know what’s happening. Serena orders her to just keep driving, but is in agony herself. She accidentally fires her gun and June decides to flee.
- Serena chases after June, but subsequently crashes the car into a ditch. June goes back to see if Serena is okay. She’s clearly in labor and about to give birth. June takes her to a nearby barn with her car immobile.
- A flashback focuses on June and Serena’s visit to see a birth in Gilead. However, the maid struggles and begins to bleed profusely. The maids surround her and pray, but she faints. The doctors operate and save the baby, but the maid dies.
- June tries to help Serena give birth, but she doesn’t want to be touched. June goes back to the car to fix it, she tries everything but it won’t budge. Finally, she gets it moving by placing a car mat underneath, supported by a wooden post.
- June returns and helps Serena give birth to a beautiful baby boy. Serena names the baby Noah. Serena asks why June didn’t kill her when she had the chance. June replies, explaining that she didn’t mean to kill her. They discuss Noah’s future and why Serena isn’t going to the hospital. (Spoiler)
- Serena admits she was held hostage by the Wheelers, who treat her like a maid. She thinks they will take her baby away from her. June is still urging Serena to go to a hospital before she dies. They have no food, no water, and it’s dangerously cold in the barn. Serena asks June to take care of Noah for her, accepting that she has no other options. But June makes her rounds. (Spoiler)
- At the hospital, Serena and Noah are taken away. Later, Serena and the baby appear to be doing better. Canadian authorities arrive and arrest Serena. She is to be detained and her baby taken away from child protection. She screams and asks June for help. (Spoiler)
- Luke watches and explains that this is justice. However, June has now developed a bond with Serena and sympathizes with the co-mother. (Spoiler)
The Handmaid’s Tale Season 5 Episode 8 release date/time
The next episode is due out on Hi on Wednesday 26 October 2022. The release time is 12 PM ET. Episode 8 is titled “Motherland” and will run for 54 minutes.
where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The story of the maid Season 5 Episode 8 on Hulu on the above date.
- Luke and June will continue to look for new ways to get to Gilead and bring their daughter back before she is married into the Gilead way.
- Serena has now burned all her ties to Gilead after freeing June and shooting one of her own. She will have no protection in the detention center and could be attacked or killed at any time. Serena will seek June’s help, but she is now on her own and without her child. (Spoiler)
- The Wheelers could seek custody of Noah, but I doubt Canadian authorities will allow a Gilead member to take this baby. (Spoiler)
- June has developed a strong bond with Serena and owes her life to her enemy, but somehow I can’t imagine she’ll put Serena’s dilemmas ahead of her own problems. June wants Hannah back, Serena will always be an afterthought in that regard. (Spoiler)
You can watch this series with a Hulu subscription.
- The Handmaid’s Tale Season 5 Episode 8 Summary (link will be available once live).
https://readysteadycut.com/2022/10/19/the-handmaids-tale-season-5-episode-8-release-date/ The Handmaid’s Tale season 5, episode 8 release date, time and where to watch