Lifestyle

The party ended with a 3-year-old girl in a coma — now her mother wants to warn of this danger – Women After 40

Mirranda Grace Lawson was 3 years old when she died in November 2016.

In May this year, the little girl was celebrating her mother’s birthday when she choked and went into a coma. Mirranda was hospitalized and put on life support and her parents fought for their lives to the last second.

And now that Mirranda is gone, her parents want to raise awareness about the choking hazards children face every day.

Because all it took to end Mirranda’s life was a piece of popcorn.

Mirranda Grace Lawson died in November, but her struggle began six months earlier, in May 2016.

Alison Lawson, Mirranda’s mother, was celebrating her birthday with her husband Patrick and their three children at their home when suddenly something devastating happened.

blank

According to the GoFundMe page created for Mirranda: “At the end of Allison’s birthday, Mirranda ran into the living room. Big eyes, no sound. time stood still. Those were the last moments before Mirranda fell to the ground; they checked her mouth but saw nothing; Patrick began resuscitating her. The ambulance came. Mirranda’s heart stopped beating.”

There was nothing in Mirranda’s mouth, but a small piece of popcorn got stuck in her windpipe and choked her.

On the way to the hospital, paramedics managed to get Mirranda’s heart beating again. But the little girl’s family didn’t realize how serious her injury was.

blank

When Mirranda arrived at the emergency room, she was immediately placed on life support.

Her family held firm, but tragically, doctors determined that the 3-year-old girl’s brain was actually dead.

The hospital recommended that the family take her off the ventilator, but they did not give up on their beloved girl.

blank

The Lawson family went to war with the hospital to keep their daughter alive, and the matter even went to court.

Hope was fading, but the Lawson family decided to try their luck in the Virginia Supreme Court.

While the wheels of justice slowly turned, Mirranda remained in the hospital.

Kind-hearted nurses supervised her and also painted cute paintings with Mirranda’s footprint.

blank

But no matter how much Mirranda’s father and mother invested in caring for their daughter, it took a long time for the court to come to a decision.

Mirranda’s condition suddenly deteriorated and she died in November 2016 with her heartbroken family by her side.

It is now up to us to respect Mirranda’s memory and raise awareness of the dangers of suffocation so the fate of other children does not become the same.

To reduce the risk of choking:

Do not let children access small items
Make sure the child is seated when eating – exercise and eating in the mouth are a very bad combination
Don’t let kids eat in the car or on the bike – there are always surprise jumps
If the child has a cold – pay more attention to him. When the throat is blocked, there is a greater chance that something will get stuck.

blank

https://womenafter40.com/the-party-ended-with-a-3-year-old-girl-in-a-coma-now-her-mother-wants-to-warn-of-this-danger-2/ The party ended with a 3-year-old girl in a coma — now her mother wants to warn of this danger – Women After 40

Skyred

Pechip.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@pechip.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button