LAFAYETTE, La. (KPEL News) — As the streets of the Lafayette community continue to be improved, improvements will also be made to traffic signals that will help keep traffic flowing.
There are several intersections in the Hub City that will have single lane closures to accommodate these upgrades. These temporary road closures last 2 hours on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The roads are open to regular traffic and there are no detours, but expect delays. This work is weather dependent.
TRAFFIC CLOSURES TO LAFAYETTE CROSSROADS ACROSS TOWNSHIP
- 8:30 am to 10:30 am Left turn lane on Madeline Avenue Westbound on University Avenue
- Johnston Street westbound left lane on University Avenue from 8:30am to 10:30am
- Eastbound General Mouton Avenue, right lane at W. Pinhook Road from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
- Ambassador Caffery in the right lane going south at Crescent Ranch from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m
- Dover Boulevard turn left Southbound at Ambassador Caffery from 8:30am to 10:30am
- Bertrand Drive left northbound on Dulles/Billeaud Road from 1pm to 3pm
- W. Pinhook Road Southbound, right lane at La Rue France from 8:30am to 10:30am
- Ambassador Caffery in the right lane northbound on Bonaire Drive from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
( ) CLOSES FOR THE NEXT 10 WEEKS
Another roundabout will be built in Lafayette, this time at the intersection of W. Gloria Switch Road and Mills Street.
Construction on the north portion of this roundabout begins this week, meaning Mills Street from Benoit Road to LA 98 (W. Gloria Switch Rd.) will be closed for the next 10 weeks (until Monday, April 3). will.
- The diversion for northbound traffic is LA 98 (Gloria Switch) east to Desoto Rd., north to Benoit Rd and west to Mills St.
- The diversion for southbound traffic is Benoit Rd. east to Desoto Rd., south to LA 98 (Gloria Switch) and west to Mills St.
Emergency vehicles do not have access through the area and should use detour routes.
https://kpel965.com/traffic-closures-happening-at-various-lafayette-intersections-this-week/ Traffic closures at various Lafayette intersections