This article contains predictions for the Prime Video series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 1 Episode 6, along with the release date and time and where to watch it online.
ACCESS: The archive of recaps, news and reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.
Episode 5 was action-packed, world-building, context, and an eerie sense of an inevitable war. Here is a summary of what happened:
- Nori talks to The Stranger and teaches him words, phrases and life.
- A group of three mysterious characters (led by Bridie Sisson’s mysterious character from Rhun) visit the hole created by The Stranger when he fell from the sky.
- The wandering band of hobbits are being pursued by creatures in the forest. However, the stranger comes in handy as he uses his powers to fight off the beasts. But as he uses his powers, he sees dark bruises forming on his arms. He tries to keep his arms in the water, but he turns the water into ice running down his arms.
- When Nori tries to stop him, she also begins to freeze, causing panic. She tries to stop The Stranger, but he pushes her sideways hard, forcing Nori to fall over. There seems to be a darkness that The Stranger enjoys, and Nori now fears him. While going through this experience, The Stranger had memories of landing into the world from heaven.
- Adar is made aware that the tunnel he is building with the orcs is complete.
- Bronwyn prepares the southerners for an attack and lets out a battle cry. But Waldreg, seduced by the darkness, resists the war cry and gathers his band of men. The southerners are divided.
- Isildur speaks to his father Elendil; he is curious as to why he is not on the expedition to Middle-earth. He asks to be on the front lines, but his father turns him down.
- The expedition is in danger. While Galadriel has been convincing, she still has much work to do to get the ships sailing. When Queen Miriel tells Lord Halbrand that he will join the expedition with the humans, he is dissatisfied, feeling that Galadriel made that decision for him.
- Kemen tries to persuade Pharazon to end the war – he is not happy that his father is taking orders from an elf. Pharazon is disgusted by this claim and reminds him how much people will benefit from this expedition.
- Elrond, sensing his mission goes deeper than making friends, asks why he was sent to meet Prince Durin. And then the truth comes out; he learns from the High King that he has been sent to the dwarves to find the ore of the light of the last Silmarils – the mithril that Elrond caught Prince Durin mining in the last episode.
- The High King realizes that the Dwarves have found it and tells Elrond that the Light of Eldar is fading and their people (the Elves) are in decline and their immortality is dwindling. The ore found by Prince Durin is her last hope to help her race.
- Galadriel is training some men to fight. Valandil is the only man who can get close to her as she displays impressive swordsmanship. As Valandil gets close to her with his sword, he is promoted to lieutenant by the expedition. Later, Isildur talks to Valandil about bringing him to the expedition, but he is rejected again by his friend, who refuses to forgive him.
- Kemen makes a second attempt to stop the expedition. He goes on one of the ships and laces it with explosive material to sabotage the mission. However, Isildur hides on the ship to join the expedition and catches Kemen trying to bring the ship down. Both men fight, resulting in the ship being set on fire and exploding. Both men escape and are rescued from the sea. For some reason, Ilsiduer lies to his father, claiming that Kemen saved him and that an accident happened on the ship.
- Waldreg and his men are surrounded by Adar and the orcs. Waldreg pledges his allegiance and asks Adar if he is Sauron. Adar aggressively throws Waldreg to the ground and tells him that “only blood can bind”, implying that he must kill one of his own to prove his allegiance.
- Theo shows Arondir the sword helm he found. Arondir removes some growth and exits the tower to reveal a stone formation that looks like the sword and a man falling to the ground (the rudder). This was a purely symbolic moment. Arondir tells Bronwyn that the sword helm is part of a key used by evil to bring people down. Despite the omen, he tells Bronwyn that they can defeat the enemy and that there will be a way.
- Prince Durin looks smug that the fate of the entire elf race is in his hands, bringing humor to the episode’s final moments. Prince Durin doesn’t seem to care about the breach of oath, apparently realizing his friend has been used, and agrees to speak with his father, the dwarf king, about mining mithril for the elves.
- Halbrand decides to join the procession with Queen Miriel and the human army – the decision is made; The expedition continues. Isildur also joins the ranks.
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 1 Episode 6 release date/time
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 1, Episode 6 will premiere on Prime Video on Friday, September 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
where to watch online
Viewers worldwide can catch The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 1 Episode 6 on Prime Video at the above date and time.
You can watch this series with a Prime Video subscription.
https://readysteadycut.com/2022/09/23/next-time-on-the-lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-season-1-episode-6/ When does The Rings of Power season 1, episode 6 come out?